Ever wondered what it is like to work at North West Construction Hub (NWCH)?
No two weeks are the same here at the Hub with a variety of tasks, projects, meetings, and events being worked on/attended on any given day.
With that in mind, we are giving you a little insight into just what we get up to in a working week with ‘a week in the life of North West Construction Hub’.
Below is just a selection of what we have been up to this week:
- Our Business Development Manager, Mike Tyler, attended a soft market testing event for GMCA (Greater Manchester Combined Authority) and GMFS (Greater Manchester Fire Service)
- NWCH Framework team undertook an Expression of Interest and Mini Competition engagement session with the Client
- Mike Tyler was present at the Education Estates Awards dinner, celebrating another successful win for ISG – SEMH schools programme in the Inclusive Design for All category.
- Positive responses were received from contractors for projects worth £20m and £800k.
- Notification of an agreed contract for £12m was received
- Mike attended and presented at GM Chamber of Commerce Construction Club for Wigan, Bolton, and Bury supply chain engagement
- The team enjoyed a morning at Education Estates, making connections and seeing how other organisations can help NWCH in the future
- Notification of an agreed contract for £1.6m was received
- Team attended a soft market testing event for Varley Street School, an £11m scheme for Manchester City Council
- Ian and Rachel had a fun morning in collaboration with Framework Partners at Salford City Academy Careers Fair where they helped to potentially influence the next generation of careers in construction
- To round off the week, Ian and Mike had a touchpoint with the chair and vice chair of NWCH board
- Positive responses were received from contractors for a £2.2m scheme
As you can see, we cover a wide scope of topics, but one thing they have in common is that they all add value to clients who work with us. We run a highly active framework which continually delivers, and this week as with every other demonstrates this. To find out more about how we can help you, contact our Business Development Manager, Mike Tyler, at Mike.Tyler@Manchester.gov.uk. Alternatively, you can contact our Framework Lead Ian Hall, at Ian.Hall@manchester.gov.uk.
North West Construction Hub: transforming project delivery and reshaping best practice in construction procurement.